Thursday, May 12, 2005

Sticky Kisses

Every morning before I left for work, I would use a 3x3 post-it note to blot my freshly applied lipstick so as not to get it on my teeth. One day, I realized what a waste of paper that was. From that day on, each morning, I kissed the post-it note and stuck it to the computer monitor for Chris to find when he awakened. It was my morning kiss that I would have given him had he been awake to receive it.

One evening, I returned home from work to an empty apartment because Chris had gone to do his radio show and our paths had not crossed on our journeys to and from our apartment. I entered our office and the first thing I saw was a blank post it note stuck to the monitor. Written on it was the following note from Chris, “Kiss mark with no lipstick.” What a sweet, cute, fun and thoughtful way of returning my gesture.

Each day at work, I blot my lipstick on post-it notes and throw them into my trash barrel, wasted, directionless kisses for the man that I still love. Wherever he is, he knows they’re all for him, even if they’re going straight into my trash bucket. Each time I throw one away, my brain tells me that it’s a kiss headed straight up to heaven. May every single one of them reach his lips for the rest of eternity.

I still have that cute little note he wrote me safely tucked away in our “us” box that Chris created. I used to laugh at him, teasing him by calling him a little pansy for keeping an “us” box to begin with. He would grit his teeth and say “One day, you’ll be happy that I kept this “us” box.” He was right. I am.

I love you, Creej.

Your wife,
Shneed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    I found your link on Young Widow.com. Just to say that my wife was a amateur actress, in the UK, and I've been rehearsing for a tiny part this afternoon. I like your blog - very much from the heart - and I'm so sorry that you've been feeling so bad of late. It is awful when you have no children and no sense of anything to go on for - but I have found someone who says I was worth finding, so it's possible.

    You are welcome to see my weblog for my wife (memories of her), but I prefer not to put it out for general access. Thank you for making yours accessible.

    Joseph, UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joseph. You are an inspiration to me and I hold onto the hope that someday somebody else will find me again and I'll have another chance at being in love and working together to create a life. I would love to see your weblog, if you feel comfortable sharing it with me. Break a leg!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete