Friday, April 7, 2006

The Best Gift, Ever!

Lately, I have been feeling hurt that Chris hasn't tried to visit me. I was just talking to Clay (therapist) yesterday, telling him the story of how I have guilt about not buying Chris the scotch glasses he asked for. Instead, I bought other ones I thought he would like more. He didn't like them more and I always felt bad that I didn't listen to what he really wanted. last night, I told Clay that my only regret is the "glass incident" and I expressed my anger that Chris doesn't visit me and my wish that he could come tell me that it's okay, that it doesn't matter at all, now and that he loves me. We both agreed that as regrets go, this one is pretty benign.

Then this happened:

I just got a phone call from Kelly, a woman who works at my company with whom I am friendly. She left a message on my voicemail this morning in which she seemed as though she was busting at the seams to tell me about her experience last night.

The temporary employee who covers for Kelly’s vacations is a woman named Linda. Linda is an actress/singer and a student at Emerson College who is currently working on a project for a film class she is taking. Last night she held a focus group in which Kelly participated, along with a host of other folks whose job it was to watch a student film and provide commentary.

While watching the film, Kelly noticed a woman come out onto the screen, get shot, and hit the floor. She thought the woman looked familiar but wasn’t sure so they watched it again and suddenly she realized with surprise and delight that the person who just got shot was none other than ME! Kelly couldn’t wait to call me and tell me.

Imagine that. What are the chances that a girl with whom I am friendly in a company of 30,000+ employees would be in a focus group of another girl I have actually worked with in the past who goes to Emerson College and is taking a class in which she was assigned MY husband’s senior project to analyze??!! She didn’t pick it. It was assigned to her.

Chris just swooped down and found a way to say hello to me, hug me, kiss me, envelope me in love, reassure me and remind me of the fun we had together that day at the office of Shear Madness with all of his friends around.

I am so full of love right now. I love him for that.

I am astounded, chilled, amazed, euphoric and bewildered.

My faith in my husband’s love for me is restored.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:50 PM

    Beautiful! I knew he'd be back with a message for ya. Y'gotta pray and NEVER STOP praying. Get down on your knees if you have to. Pray. I prayed so hard this morning at work about my Pennye and I could literally feel her crossing my lap at work and she's never been here. Pray. All the time. God will listen and God will bring you through the pain. I'm so happy to hear this news!

    ReplyDelete