Sunday, April 16, 2006

Separate Together

This evening, a memory popped into my mind of me being on a bus from San Diego to Los Angeles. I remembered that the bus pulled over to the side of the road and some customs officers boarded and asked everyone to show their passports. I began to become scared because I didn’t have one and I thought they weren’t going to let me go home. When they approached me, I nervously told them that I didn’t own a passport and the officer said it was okay and bypassed me. I guess they were more concerned with illegal immigrants crossing the border from Mexico into L.A.

Suddenly, I couldn’t remember why, on earth, I would have been on a bus from San Diego to L.A. without Chris. I distinctly remembered being there but why would i have traveled anywhere without him? I wished I could ask him. That’s what I would have done if he was here with me now. He would have cleared it all up for me

It took a few moments for me to remember that one of my friends had traveled to San Diego and I decided to meet her there and have a weekend visit while she was in town. Chris stayed home. He once traveled to Las Vegas alone to meet one of his friends there for the weekend while I stayed home.

I loved that about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment