Sunday, June 4, 2006

A Guiding Spirit?

The other night, I had a series of what I have come to call “stress dreams.” The entire night, I tossed and turned, dreaming that I was trying to get somewhere, trying to keep away from someone and trying to bicycle through crowds of people without success. I awoke with a headache in an inescapable state of grogginess.

In one of my dreams, I entered a room to see my friend, a rather portly African American man in his fifties. Next to him, sat another man, a Caucasian, also rather portly. I remember thinking that they were mirror images of each other, one white and one black. The dream hardly seemed important enough to convey to anybody.

Just now, I was reading on http://www.angelsgift.co.uk/spiritcom.htm and I don’t know exactly what jogged my memory, but suddenly I remembered something.

This morning, I attended a service at the Unitarian church in my neighborhood. A friend of mine is a member and asked me if I would like to check it out. I have been searching for a long time for an outlet for my faith and decided to go with her.

I wanted to back out this morning. I was so tired and not at all in the mood to shower and blow my hair dry. I eluded to that when my friend called and instead of releasing me into my own life, she instructed me to get my ass in the shower right now. So I did.

After the service, a man walked by me and said, “We have to stop meeting this way." I chuckled and after he passed I thought to myself, “I’ve never even seen him before.” Wrong.

I think he was the man in last night’s dream.

I don’t know what it means. For now, I’m going to continue attending services. I think I’m supposed to.

Shneed

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I've had dreams where I will see something or visit a place for the first time in the present, that I have already been to in a dream. It's the most coolest, weirdest,neatest feeling.

    ReplyDelete