Monday, August 21, 2006

Love Again?

Since I can’t have you back, the one thing I want in this world is to love again the way that I loved you.

Since I can’t have you back.

I woke up upset this morning. I just miss him. If I could have Chris back, I would drop everything and just love him.

I miss the way we interacted.

Yesterday’s date with Marc was difficult. It was nice, but difficult. I just kept wanting to be walking on the beach with Chris, dining with Chris and kissing Chris.

My love for Chris became effortless. I want that, again. I didn’t think about what to do, what to say, how to look or how to feel with Chris. I was just me. I want that again.

I keep telling myself that getting to that point took a long time. I have to remind myself about how I wanted to end my relationship with Chris three months into it. I felt like I didn’t like him. Marc and I are already two months in and I feel some things, but I want to feel what I felt for Chris for Marc...or for somebody...anybody.

I still feel all that for Chris. I’m in love with my husband. I feel like I have to stop before anybody finds out. Before Marc finds out.

Or maybe I just need to still be me and anybody doesn’t like it, he’s free to go.

I love you, Creej.

2 comments:

  1. "I’m in love with my husband."

    This is the hardest thing of all ... the realization that I'm in love with a dead man. And knowing that's not fair to the living man.

    There have been a few threads like that on the board; I think we all have to find our way through that nightmare, and everyone does it a little differently.

    Holding you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did YOU do it, Pentha? Did anybody get mad? Hurt? Should I end it now and be alone for a while? I'm having a tough time. I liked dating. There were no expectations, spoken or not, and I felt pretty.

    I'm very confused about what I'm feeling. I don't know if I have become disinterested or if I am experiencing grief-induced anxiety.

    And I keep looking for him. :(

    ReplyDelete