Monday, March 19, 2007

Just Doin' What I Used to Do

After my half-hour grief-meltdown, I pulled myself together and decided to cook the chicken I bought the other day, following what I think is going to be a delicious weight-watchers recipe.

As the frozen fowl was soaking in a pot of hot water, my phone rang and on the other line was my beloved brother, whom I love almost as much as I love a good chicken recipe! Alright...I love him more than chicken.

We talked on the phone for a bit while I slowly, yet determinedly ingested a delicious glass of red wine.

Tonight’s not special. It’s just fun and relaxing, just like nighttime used to be. I feel really good.

How I wish I could return to this on a regular, less conditional basis.

As usual, drunk on half a glass o’ red. (not "drunk-as-usual", "drunk-on-half-a-glass" as usual)

Shneed.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Oh, the bliss of being compared with frozen fowl 'neath the faucet! Words can't express the love I have for you either, Rob. Perhaps the kind of love that would compare with weather dampened socks in winter resting on a radiator. Yeah...that's what u are to me.

    ReplyDelete