Monday, June 16, 2008

Two Dreams

A few nights ago I had a cute dream about Chris.

We were on the orange line coming home from Boston. When we got to Malden Station and the doors opened, Chris wrapped his arms around me from behind, pulled my newsboy cap down over my eyes and pulled me off of the train. Laughing, I said, “Hey, you can’t do that to me!”

We both laughed.

I felt that old familar warmth that was ever-present when we were being playful together.

Then last night I dreamed about us, again.

We were laying on metal chaise lounges, holding hands outside of a local Starbuck’s. I said to him, “I like closing my eyes and listening to all of the different conversations happening around me.” Chris said, “Oh, I don’t have that.”

I wondered what it was like on the other side.

As usual, in my dreams about Chris, I loved being with him and I woke up wishing it could be.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:44 PM

    Hey,
    Although I did not know Chris well, my life intersected with his in Los Angeles in many ways, and I have never forgotten him.
    I found this blog today and I have read my entire way through it. Thank you for sharing, for your searing honesty, for your incredible command of language, and for your breathtaking love story - I am humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:21 PM

    I am glad you dreamed, and good dreams.

    I do not dream about J- at least I don't think I do? I had one dream very early on where we were deciding what to do about our son's daycare. Not very exciting.

    I wonder what it is like on the 'other side' as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous,

    I always smile when I learn of the ways in which Chris touched the lives of others.

    Thank you so much for sharing.

    Shneed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Django's mommy,

    My feeling is that the other side is a beautiful reward for those spirits who have fulfilled their time and efforts on earth.

    I believe that Chris and J are surrounded in beauty, or quite possibly living new lives back here.

    We'll all meet each other again.

    Peace,
    Shneed

    ReplyDelete