Thursday, March 31, 2005

Awakening

Something awoke in me and I am feeling such a part of life this evening. I just feel good. I’m not questioning it. I’m just going to breathe and enjoy myself tonight.

I walked home from the train station, smirking most of the way, just being happy to be alive. There’s a future ahead of me that I am dying to take hold of and shape and mold. For some reason, the prospect of that is very exciting to me tonight. I haven’t felt this way in a very long time. Tonight I am not under it. I am on top of it.

I was going to walk home from work but I’m feeling so wonderful that I didn’t want to waste any time at all walking. I need to breathe and feel good and rest and relax. (mumbled through clenched teeth. Go on. Do it. : and I need to go grocery shopping.)

The events of the past year and a half have had a very profound effect on me and tonight I’m getting a glimpse of wellness…of well-being, that I thought could never exist again. It can. It does. Like winter turning into spring, the ice will begin to melt, the trees will begin to bloom and the grass to grow. The birds will sing again. This Robin will sing again.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    I've thought to myself often that it never "gets easier" or "hurts less", we just learn to live with it. And reading your post, I realise that it's not just about learning to live with our pain and sadness, but learning to live with happiness again, too.

    ReplyDelete