Saturday, March 4, 2006

Dreams of the Future

Last night, I had a dream that contained many symbols.

I was looking across the street from my brother’s house at the beach and the ocean. I was waiting for my brother and sister. I called my sister on the phone and left her a message stating that I would be waiting for them at the beach across the street.

On my way across the street, I got stuck on the middle yellow line while cars sped both at me and past me. When I finally got across the street and began heading toward the water, rain began to fall and the sky darkened. I ran for cover under a small gazebo where some people I knew were gathered. It was nice to see them. My voice coach was there and one of the pianists from the open mike was there as well as some people from my last job. They said hello and we chit-chatted for a few seconds.

I then realized that we were all at a funeral so I stopped talking out of respect for everyone who had come.

Suddenly, we were all in a tavern and when I looked out the window I could see foreboding, storm clouds closing in. I pointed them out to my voice coach. Beyond the stormy clouds, there was a break in the sky where the sun was shining.

When I woke up, I quickly wrote this an looked up the dream symbols I could find.




Funeral:
To dream that you are at somebody else's funeral, signifies that you are burying an old relationship and closing the lid on the past. You may be letting go some of the feelings (resentment, anger, hostility toward someone) that you've been clinging onto. If your are dreaming that you are at a funeral of an unknown person, then it suggests that something in your life is supposed to put to rest or put aside so that you can make room for something new. You need to investigate further what aspect or component of your life you need to let go.

Beach:
To see the beach in your dream, symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual.

To dream that you are on the beach and looking out toward the ocean, indicates unknown and major changes that are occurring in your life. Consider the state of the ocean, whether it is calm, pleasant, forbidding, etc.

To dream that you are looking toward the beach, suggests that you are returning to what is familiar to you. Alternatively, you may be adapting or accepting to the changes and circumstances in your life.

Clouds:To see menacing or stormy clouds in your dream, indicates an impending eruption of emotions. It also represents a lack of wisdom or confusion in some situation.

Teacher:
To see your teacher (past or present) in your dream, suggests that you are seeking some advice, guidance, or knowledge. You are heading into a new path in life and ready to learn by example or from a past experience. Consider your own personal experiences with that particular teacher. What subject was taught? Alternatively, it may relate to issues with authority and seeking approval. You may going through a situation in your waking life where you feel that you are being treated like a student or in which you feel you are being put to a test.

Rain:
To dream that you get wet from the rain, signifies that you will soon be cleansed from your troubles and problems. Rain also symbolizes fertility and renewal.

To see and hear rain falling, symbolizes forgiveness and grace.
To dream that you are watching the rain from a window, indicates that spiritual ideas and insights are being brought to you awareness. It may also symbolize fortune and love.




I think with all of the new experiences I have been having as of late, I am learning some things. I’m learning how to let go a little bit more, learning that I really don’t want to find someone who is like Chris because even if I do, he won’t be Chris. Besides, I want to preserve my husband’s memory for the rest of my time here, not cover it up with some faux Creejie who could never live up to the essense of the real Chris.

I told my Chris-esque co-worker that my husband died the other day. I wanted him to know because I dont’ want to be perceived as a divorced woman. It isn’t true about me. True, I’m single, but not by choice or by some failed attempt at marriage. .I’m glad he knows.

I also told the man I bumped into that I was supposed to have a drink with. I had to cancel because I wasn’t feeling well. Instead, we’re going to have breakfast on Wednesday. I wanted him to know before we met because he, too, lost his spouse to cancer and I didn’t want to drop my bomb on him without warning.

Having a co-worker that is so much like Chris and reaching way into my past to have breakfast with a man I knew eleven years ago are two things that are already helping me tremedously. I’m looking foward to breakfast. This man’s wife died just over 3 years ago. He is surviving. So am I. It will be nice to talk about our experiences and maybe even help each other a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment