Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Love from Beyond

A little while ago, my coworker, also named Robin, told me she had a dream about me a couple of weeks ago. Her dream occurred right after I returned from my trip to Vermont.

I was in a house, hanging around with the folks from Vermont. The house appeared to be a sorority-type house, like a scene from college days. There was a bed in every room, but no other furniture and the beds had no frames, just mattresses on the floor.

I went upstairs and Robin followed me up. She found me sitting on a mattress with a blue comforter, crouched with my elbows resting on my knees and my face in my hands. Standing over me, surrounding me was a man she believed to be Chris. I couldn’t see him. He was trying to comfort me and tell me that he wants me to move on and be happy and that he is happy that I am dating again.


The thing about Robin’s dream is that she had no idea that the folks I was visiting in Vermont were Chris’ college buddies, yet the setting in her dream had a college feel to it. She also did not know that from the time I met Chris up until we moved in together, his bed never had a frame. The mattress was always on the floor.

Robin went on to tell me that she feels a connection to me and an understanding for everything I have been through. She did not presume to tell me that she knows how I feel, only that she feels very deeply about the experience I have had. She then thanked me for sharing with her what I have shared, saying that she knows it must be hard to talk about.

I remember reading once that spirits have a hard time penetrating grief, so often times they will go to other people in the grief-stricken person’s life to get messages through.

I believe Chris was comforting me in Robin’s dream, asking her to let me know he is helping me and that he really does want me to be happy.

I am certainly happy right now.

I love you, Creej. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment