Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Very Late Response to my Commenters

First of all, I have been wanting to answer the comments that Alicia, Anonymous from CA and Django’s Mommy left on my last post. As always, thank you for sharing and for your well-wishing. I always appreciate the support.

Anonymous, I’m so sorry for your recent loss. You're right about loss being confusing, devastating and crippling, but I hope you know those symptoms, however long they make stick around, are ultimately temporary ones. A friend of mine is living a story similar to yours. Her husband, with whom she has shared her life for 18 years, became ill with MS and then became a heroin addict. I talk with her about it, periodically, and try to offer as much understanding and help as I can. Each loss is unique and only the person who has lost really knows his or her own pain. Loss is death, whether or not the person lost is alive or not.

I hope my journey through the woods has helped and continues to help clear some sort of a path to navigate for anyone who reads my experiences.

I could not figure out how to add my e-mail address to this blog, but if you ever want to contact me privately, Anonymous, and anybody else who would like to, I’d like you to know that you are always welcome to e-mail me at robin@shneed.com.

I hope you’re finding even the slightest bit of peace in your life as you move forward. Your pain will heal and you will feel better, eventually. Please believe, and have faith, and take care of yourself every day.

Shneed

No comments:

Post a Comment