Monday, September 26, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and Me

It’s very difficult for me to hear men talking on the phones with their wives, these days. I can hear the comfort in their voices and a level of normalcy that I once had and wish I still had with my own husband. Since I can’t have it with him anymore, though, I do hope to have that level of comfort and understanding with another man some day.

The love between people in a healthy, happy marriage is infectious. Even though it is difficult to listen to them converse, I want to listen and remember the feeling.

Today, I realized that I have been very angry with a man that I know because I hear him talk to his wife on the phone quite frequently. I have been snapping at him without realizing why and not really showing him the respect that I want to and that I will, again, starting right now.

The truth is that I have been ugly. I don’t want to be that woman.

It’s time to turn it around.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you get a lot of spam on your comments. Sign onto Blogger go to the settings tab, and then click comments. There is a word verification button just turn it on. Ignore this If you already know that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, become angry or depressed around my "couple" friends still.

    ReplyDelete